[PD] OSX Gui problems

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 19 15:42:47 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I've been making a patch which is gui-heavy, that runs quite well on Linux. The problem is it has been made for somebody who wants it to work on a 1.5GHz Mac Powerbook with OSX.3. Now, the GUI is slow and unresponsive at the moment, and renice-ing the GUI has little effect. The GUI elements are unresponsive regardless of whether the dsp is on or off. It has over 240 GUI objects.

Having checked out the list I see that Tk/Aqua has a reputation for sluggish GUI performance. Is there a version of Tcl/Tk I can use that is better on OSX? And if so, how do I create the Pd-0.39-2.app folder that Miller distributes? I need to be making the whole thing (Pd, the patch and the externals used) as one file, so the people I work for can download it, unzip it and run it.

Best,
Ed