[PD] py/pyext missing in pd-extended

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Wed Sep 20 23:59:12 CEST 2006

> >> They don't work with the auto-builds, for one.
> >
> > do you know, what's the reason for that? afaik pd/external binaries
> > should be binary compatible
>
> The binaries work, what I meant was that they don't automatically
> build as part of the auto-builds.

i see...

> >> I would like to
> >> automate the process as much as possible.
> >
> > you could automate wget :)
>
> Why waste time on kludges?

because no emails with the subject 'py/pyext missing in pd-extended'
would be posted to the pd-list?

> The real thing would be much more useful:
> building from source automatically.  Its working for basically
> everything else right now.  It means that we can have a single
> package where we can work out the bugs.  Bugs can also happen in the
> build process.

sure .. but for now the choice is:
- use wget and include flext externals
- leave it the way it is and don't include wget

of course you could also try to support thomas's build system ... but it
seems, there's no one, who's interested in doing the work...

tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,
burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across
the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and
everybody goes "Awww!
  Jack Kerouac