[PD] Pduino output mode and I/O numbering differences

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Thu Sep 21 00:31:07 CEST 2006

Hello all,
I'm playing around with the latest arduino object for pd, and it seems
that there is a disconnect between the numbering for port I/O
data-direction, and setting the value of a pin. I'm using the
arduino-test.pd patch, as well as the [pd DIGITAL-OUTPUT] behavior
pulled from the arduino help patch.

For instance, I set up a LED on the digital pin numbered 6 that I could
turn on and off, just to test it out, and found the following mappings.
    data direction: checkbox 6
    assert a value: checkbox 13

Why does 6 (data direction) correspond to 13 (assert a voltage)? (please
see attached image for more clarity about what I mean)
thanks,
-David Merrill
p.s. also, clicking the "pulse all outputs" box in arduino-test.pd
crashes PD after a few seconds - I suspect due to a comport problem..
can anyone else replicate this?

--
MIT Media Lab
dmerrill at media.mit.edu