[PD] py/pyext missing in pd-extended

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Thu Sep 21 11:49:28 CEST 2006

Hi all,

> i think i had the same problems as Carlos on linux (xubuntu dapper).
> i had to comment out compile options in order for pyext no to crash pd
> at startup.
> it was also quite difficult for me to find it out.
> what are those flags good for by the way?
>
> # UFLAGS=-msse -mfpmath=sse -ffast-math
> # OFLAGS+=-march=pentium4

ah, i remember... you are using an AMD cpu, right? I think there was a
problem with SSE, which is more a gcc or cpu bug than a flext bug.
The flags are normally good for some speedup, but it's a good idea to
comment them out for testing purposes.
Carlos, is your machine also AMD-based?

> i did not understand why we would need wget in order to automatize the
> pyext build in pd-extended?
>
> i can see that building flext and py/pyext for all platforms
> automatically can be a bit of a headache because there are many steps
> but they are very logically ordered.

it's one step for the flext library and one step for each additional
flext-based external. Not really a complication....

greetings,
Thomas