[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.40-0 test 08 released

s.koepf s.koepf at uni-koeln.de
Fri Sep 22 14:30:34 CEST 2006

yes, it looks like those pd_0_40_0test07 (MMIO-)problems are solved
here. Thanks a lot.

But now there is still some odd behavior when using the -asio flag:

1.
...\pd -listdev -asio gives some:

input devices:
0. Avance AC97 Audio
1. Modem Nr. 7 Line-In
2. Modem Nr. 8 Line-In
3. MOTU Mix1 1-2
4. MOTU Analog 1-2
5. MOTU Analog 3-4
6. MOTU Analog 5-6
7. MOTU Analog 7-8
8. MOTU Mic-Guitar 1-2
9. MOTU SPDIF 1-2
output devices:
0. Avance AC97 Audio
etc.

...\pd -asio -listdev gives some:

input devices:
0. (0)Microsoft Soundmapper - Input
1. (0)Avance AC97 Audio
2. (0)Modem Nr. 7 Line-In
3. (0)Modem Nr. 8 Line-In
4. (0)MOTU Mix1 1-2
5. (0)MOTU Analog 1-2
6. (0)MOTU Analog 3-4
7. (0)MOTU Analog 5-6
8. (0)MOTU Analog 7-8
9. (0)MOTU Mic-Guitar 1-2
10. (0)MOTU SPDIF 1-2
11. (1)MOTU FireWire Audio
output devices:
0. (0)Microsoft Soundmapper - Output
etc.

2.
But to choose this "11. (1)MOTU FireWire Audio" device I have to start
pd with something like:
...\pd -asio -audiooutdev 12 -outchannels 8 -audioindev 12 -inchannels 8

3.
When I don't specify both, in and output devices like:
...\pd -asio -audiooutdev 12 -outchannels 8
I get some:
Error number -9993 occured opening portaudio stream
Error message: Illegal combination of I/O devices
and audio output doesn't work.

Siegfried