[PD] py/pyext missing in pd-extended

vincent rioux vincent.rioux at no-log.org
Fri Sep 22 16:01:34 CEST 2006

Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, Thomas Grill wrote:
>
>> ah, i remember... you are using an AMD cpu, right?
well i don't think i had this pb only with an AMD cpu - but i must say
it happened a while ago and i changed of system meanwhile.

i just tried to compile a fresh pd0.40 on an intel celeron 2.6G with
xubuntu dapper.
flext with all optimization flags and pyext+numarray from cvs and
everything works fine!
i used:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data/ co externals/grill

concerning the number of steps:

doing it by hand requires :

*****

1- cd externals/grill/flext
2- bash build.sh pd gcc
ignore error message
3- sudo emacs buildsys/config-lnx-pd-gcc.txt
4- PDPATH=/usr/local/pd
5- adapt optimization flags?
6- bash build.sh pd gcc build
ignore error message
7- bash build.sh pd gcc build
8- bash build.sh pd gcc install
*****

seven steps for flext

1- bash ../flext/build.sh pd gcc
-> ignore error message
2- sudo emacs config.txt
3- PY_NUMARRAY=1
4- bash ../flext/build.sh pd gcc build
5- sudo bash ../flext/build.sh pd gcc install
6- sudo mkdir /usr/local/lib/pd/doc/pyext
7- sudo cp -r pd/* scripts/* /usr/local/lib/pd/doc/pyext/

seven steps for pyext

ok i am slightly exagerating but still i would naturaly guess that
reducing all these to two steps automagically is probably a little bit
of a headache. but i must admit that i did not look into the autobuil
system for pd-extended...

greetings,
vincent