[PD] Fwd: PD releases for beginners

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 25 10:43:18 CEST 2006

hi Michael

I'd recommend to use the cvs-version, since that seems to be the easiest
way of getting of all externals the most recent version.
also, it is really worth to install pd >= 0.39, especially because of
the famous [list]-object.

first you need to install a cvs-client. then you just do (in a single
line):

cvs
-d:pserver:anonymous at pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data
login

just press [enter], when it is asking for a password. then:

cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous at pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co
-P pd

in order to download pd to your current directory, and in order to get
all externals, do:

cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous at pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data co
-P externals