[PD] midi synch strategy

martin.peach at sympatico.ca martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 25 22:39:21 CEST 2006

> De: patco <megalegoland at yahoo.fr>
> Date: 2006/09/25 lun. PM 03:31:21 GMT-04:00
> À: martin.peach at sympatico.ca,  pd-list at iem.at
> Objet: Re: RE: [PD] midi synch strategy
>

> martin.peach at sympatico.ca a écrit :
> It does receive something, it just outputs zeros.
> Martin
>

> I guess that sending these numbers in message boxes is not the way how midiout works,

Yes it is how it works. [midirealtimein] only responds to numbers greater than 248 when I send them through [midiout] one at a time. 248 is MIDI Clock. The MIDI spec says that the slave has to count clocks at a rate of 24 per quarternote. I guess [midirealtimein] should bang a counter. It doesn't handle the count itself.

>   is it possible to know what kind of message this object is expecting?

[midiout] should pass any midi message but you have to send the right number of bytes (3 for noteon, 1 for clock, etc.) or it will hang.

Martin