[PD] Pd to Arkaos

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Sep 26 09:52:56 CEST 2006

David Kirkpatrick wrote:

> In pd, the fugStreamSend object has five inlets and one outlet. As there
> is no help file, I have no idea what they do. Has anyone used it before?

good point, though i am not sure how we should do help-patches for 3rd
party plugins :-(
feel free to make one and submit them to the plugin-author.

the 1st inlet and the 1st outlet of each gem-object (e.g.
[pix_freeframe]) is (more-or-less) reserved for Gem-use.
so the interesting iolets for the fugStreamSend object are the remaining
4 inlets: they correspond to the plugin's control interface (the
"fugStreamSend" plugin has 4 controllers which you can modify)
when you create the [pix_freeframe] object, you should get a descriptive
list on the pd-console, which parameter is which (and whether you should
send floats, symbols or lists).

please note, that since FreeFrame is a video-plugin API, [pix_freeframe]
is for video (pix-data), whereas Gem usually operates on a higher level.
if you want to send the content of your Gem-window via this bridge, you
will first have to convert the rendering into a pixel-buffer and
download it from your gfx-card's ram to your computer's main memory (use
[pix_snapshot] for this - and be warned, this might not be very optimized).

finally{}, tell us when you managed to make it run, so we can all join
the cheerio.

mfg.adsr
IOhannes