[PD] Hillageizer

Kyle Klipowicz kyleklip at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 21:14:26 CEST 2006

Yes, this is a good and useful point.  I hate to always be such an
Ableton fanboy, but they really have done a remarkable job at
maximizing their interface depth vs. space requirements, as well as
keyboard integration.  All the menus are in the same plane, separated
by gui panels that can be adjusted or hidden.  The two modes of
operation can be toggled easily with the tab key, (almost like esc in
vi or ctrl+e in pd).

It would be great to have a fully functional interface in pd that
works similarly, by using the same space on the canvas and updating it
depending on which parameters are being adjusted.  Right now it seems
like a lot of work to do that.  It would be easier if there were some
kinds of layers a la photoshop/gimp, which could be passed forward and
backward by messages.

~Kyle