[PD] Linux performance issues

c.m.bryan chrismbryan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:57:43 CEST 2006

> > I have a similar (the same?) problem with pd 0.39-2 in xubuntu. When
> > I move windows I get alot of audio dropouts (even in very simple
> > patches). I don't get any xruns and the cpu load is ok.

Yes, I should have mentioned that both of those are also ok with me.

> > What I do get
> > is alot of DIO errors. The audio works fine when i run GEM in fullscreen.

Ooh, haven't looked for those.

> does upgrading your kernel to to 2.6.18 (optionally -rtN) help?

The vanilla kernel that I patched is 2.6.18.  The default ubuntu
kernel is 2.6.15.  I'm not sure what you mean by -rtN?  I run pd with
-rt, should I be adding an integer, or are you talking about a kernel
compilation option?  I turned on full pre-emption, of course.