Θέμα: Re: [PD] On arrays.

Tas Pas tprotopgr at yahoo.gr
Thu Sep 28 00:14:54 CEST 2006

As "clicks" I mean what in the pd/doc/B09.loop.smooth.pd we try to avoid when the phase wraps around.

I noticed in a wave file with a "click",  that we have a steep drop of the ampitude.
The amplitude of each sample is near (in amplitude value) to the one before and next to it, but the sample that produces the click has an amplitude that is not near to the preceeding sample's amplitude value.

Maybe that is what produces the clicks...

So new questions may rise (if I am correct in my speculations)...

   Is there a "safe" amount of amplitude change in a sample comparably to the amplitude of the previous and the next sample's amplitude, in order to avoid "clicks"?
   Is there a way to prevent clicks when a wave loops in an arbitrary range?

Please forgive me If I am not coherent and/or if I'm asking things that have already  been discussed ( although I searched in the list archives and the internet about what I'm asking).
I reckon that is stupid to say that I'm a newbie for two reasons:
One, it is boring for everyone to read self-denotations.
Two, as Socrates said "One one thing, that I know nothing".  :P

Thanx

Tasos

IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> έγραψε: Tas Pas wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I was searching through the archives and the help files but I couldn't
> find a way to set explicity the values of an array in a specific range.
> What I'm trying to do is to mute a wav file loaded to an array, in a
> specific range, lets say from the 44100th sample to the 66050th, leaving
> the rest of the sample intact.

[22050(

[until]

[i 44100]X[+ 1]

[0 $1(

[tabwrite array]

> Another question that I have is this:
> If you read the text file that an array (loaded with audio) exported,
> can you read the clicks?

i am not sure whether i understand your question.
which "clicks" do you have in an array?
if you have a (preferrably: mathematical) definition of "click", then i
am sure you can read the clicks.

mfg.asdr
IOhannes

 Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!