[PD] newbie help

James Hearon j_hearon at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 21:06:02 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm somewhat new to Pd.

I got myself in a list on a subpatch thru creating an object using list
append 1 2.

The output data prints o.k.

But I need to get the data back out into a message.  I understand about data
structures and traversing using a pointer, but that leads back to the same
problem of eventually getting the data into a message.

Brute force, I think what I'm after is something like a message with set $1
$2 $3 $4 $5 etc., etc. up to hundreds of data points, but I can't figure out
how to elegantly step thru the data coming from a list append obj, to place
it in a message.

I need to send the data as a message to a library object which requires the
message for data input.

I was hoping someone could help send me in the right direction.

Thanks.