[PD] Pd *is* a programming language!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 29 06:14:10 CEST 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Bryan Jurish wrote:

> Whee-hee!  Thank you Claude -- I've always wanted a constructive proof
> that Pd is Turing-complete!

The reason why I didn't bother to come up with a proof that pd is
equivalent to a Turing machine (or some other close relative of it) is
that I have faith.

Well, the other reason is that I hardly do any pd without externals.
I can't care about whether the base pd can do it - it's not important.

What would be a cool contest for people who care about computability: make
the smallest possible proof that Pd is equivalent to a Turing machine (or
to a Linear-Bounded-Automaton, whatever). I suspect that the smallest
possible proof is damn small.