[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.40-0 released

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 20:49:03 CEST 2006

Changing non-audio [send] destinations is GREAT.  I came up with some
crazy workarounds for that one before.
And disabling selection of drawn objects is a beautiful thing.  My
sequencer, in order to select passages, formerly had to calculate the
location of each note, and make sure it was far enough from barlines
before selecting.  A fast series of short notes often got missed
completely.  Now instead of sending mouse messages to click each note,
I can send fewer messages and select a whole area.
Thanks Pure Data.

-Chuckk

On 9/29/06, Miller Puckette <mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Pd 0.40-0 is now available:
>
> http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html
>
> There is also a test version (0.41test01) that seems to work
> on AMD64 linux machines, although there are probably many problems to find.
> This version keeps floats at 32 bits and simply corrects bugs arising
> from the new sizes; I hope also to support running Pd using 64-bit numbers;
> this will probably always run slower but will work better for some kinds of
> applications (representing phone numbers, for instance).
>
> cheers
> Miller

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt