[PD] ethics of the machine (was Pd *is* a programming language!)

Arturo Sinclair arturos at ufl.edu
Sun Oct 1 05:10:18 CEST 2006

Not quite sure where this is heading. Machines are the extensions of
man (think of robots as our next evolutionary stage) and as such
deserve respect in my opinion. As designers of software (the soft-
machines) or hardware we bear responsibility. Since PD in many cases
is used to send control messages to "machines" and the resulting
actions might appear to be autonomous (as products of neural logic
for example) ethical questions arise as to the final results or
consequences. So, respect for the object of our creation reflects or
manifests who we are.

respect-fully,

arturo