[PD] how to pd2stepper motor?

ad alejoduque at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 01:45:21 CEST 2006

hi, tonite i've been trying to control a stepper motor via pd's
firmata, formerly known as pduino.

im using the arduino-test.pd patch included with in the Pduino-0.1
release, me under linux (gentoo:)

as soon as i choose the devicename port /dev/ttyUSB0 i get a full pd
window with:

error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'list'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'float'
error: inlet: expected '' but got 'list'

this doesn't happen when i open Gerda's and Georg Arduino-help.pd and
since it doesn't crash the process i can continue to check I/O's,
passing data from a potentiometer to pd via analog inputs on the
arduino works like charm.

but i got lost when trying to send control data to a step motor
connected in this way:  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/igortme/
Arduino/Ejemplos/ESQUEMA_MOTOR_PASO_A_PASO.jpg

I wonder how should one send the messages to make the motor move in
one direction or the other any precise amount of steps? has anyone
done this (surely yes). could you tell me how will this pd2stepper
sintax goes?

thanks,
/alejo

p.s: im sending also to the newly opened arduino mailing list :P