[PD] threads with -rt

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 3 07:27:14 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Miller Puckette wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:30:07PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> I believe that Miller said that one ought to load sounds using [readsf~]
>> together with [tabwrite~] in a high-sampling-rate subpatch if they want to
>> load sounds in a realtime way. (really)
> I did.  It's still the right way to do it...

Ok, so please someone make an abstraction that does this so that users
don't have to think that they might be doing this.

I might suggest calling it [soundfiler] but the name is already taken and
not overridable -- except by deleting code.

I might suggest not calling it [soundfiler] because of this and because
"filer" doesn't mean the same in [soundfiler] and in English. (who knows,
maybe it's in UCSD's house style?)

So, everyone, what should [soundfiler] be renamed to?