[PD] some macro ideas

ugur guney ugurguney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 09:46:09 CEST 2006

# Hi everybody,
# This morning two ideas about macros which could make our lives easier has
come to my mind.
# 1) There are these objects, every time we create them, we add some
messageboxes to control them. For example, [writesf¨~] with [open(, [save(
and [stop messages( or [netsend] with [connect(, [disconnect(, [send(
messages etc.
# What if, these absolutely necessary messagebox's are created when we
created these objects, so we do not have to look to their help patches every
time. Or there could be a new type of abstractions, which includes these
message boxes information, at the same level with them.

# 2) For example, I have a patch witch uses a lot of abstractions. And every
time a send it to my friend, I forget to attach some of these abstractions,
and it did'nt work on his/her computer. So, what if, there were a button,
which changes every abstraction in the patch with a sub-window. e.g, one of
my abstractions (partial.pd) [partial] would changed with [pd partial].
# hmm... I looked and saw that sub-windows does not take creation arguments,
so these could be a problem...
# Aha! Creation arguments could be hard coded in the sub-window. e.g:
[partial 2 cos] => [partial]
in which

[r fundFreq]

[* $1]

=>

[r fundFreq]

[* 2]

# How could these ideas be implemented? Do you have suggestions?
# Thank you very much for your elegant, educative and funny conversations...
-ugur guney-