[PD] streamin/out~ and mp3streamin/out~

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Tue Oct 3 15:03:10 CEST 2006

I am wanting to send audio from one location to another on the 'net. I
don't want to count on large bandwidth. My guess is that streamin/out~
sends audio uncompressed and mp3streamin/out~ sends it compressed as an
mp3. However I can find no documentation for either so I am guessing
only by the names. Also I can find no help patch for mp3streamin/out~.

Also...does anybody know where these externals are on the Sourceforge
CVS or how I can search for them there? (I am assuming this is the best
place to find the latest source code for these). The CVS web browser on
sourceforge is slow to the point of nonfunctional today...

Thanks,

-John