[PD] some macro ideas

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 3 18:51:51 CEST 2006

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006, ugur guney wrote:

> # 1) There are these objects, every time we create them, we add some
> messageboxes to control them. For example, [writesf¨~] with [open(,
> [save( and [stop messages( or [netsend] with [connect(, [disconnect(,
> [send( messages etc.

You may keep a patch open, whose only purpose is to be copy+pasted from.

Else, in DesireData only, you can do this: write the following in a text
editor, copy them with Ctrl+C, and then paste them in a patch with Ctrl+V.
They will appear as objects in the patch, and they will connected if
you're copying all 5 lines at once:

#X obj 0 50 netsend 1234;
#X msg 25 25 connect;
#X msg 25 25 disconnect;
#X connect 1 0 0 0;
#X connect 2 0 0 0;

Similarly you can take patch portions and copy them in a text editor
(with DesireData only).

Also with DesireData only, you may add a def in bin/desire:

   def Canvas readymade_netsend {} {
     global clipboard
     $clipboard value= {
       #X obj 0 50 netsend 1234;
       #X msg 25 25 connect;
       #X msg 25 25 disconnect;
       #X connect 1 0 0 0;
       #X connect 2 0 0 0;
     }
     $self paste
   }

and then edit ~/.ddrc to add a keyboard shortcut for it, e.g.:

key {
   Canvas {
     readymade_netsend Ctrl+Alt+n
   }
}

there's a trick to prevent clobbering the clipboard too, which the
"duplicate" function of Ctrl+D is using already.