[PD] Re: some macro ideas

adam armfield adamairmailed at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 10:28:12 CEST 2006

for the "bundling all the abstractions into one
package thing" (one of my wishes, after my friends
patch grew from 24k to 1.5megs & stopped working for
me due to missing abstractions).

i wonder if it would be enough to have pd able to
read/write tar files, with the responsibility for
debugging placed on the creator of the patch (possibly
with some kind of terminal output or tool that says...
this aint working... which pd does already, though it
could have hints in the output or a hint mode that
says... try moving all abstractions to one folder
first.  some kind of dependancy finding script could
run first)

& i suppose for the emacs jockeys some kind of mode
that explodes the tar back into individual .pd's again