[PD] polyphonic ? key, keyup setup question

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 5 11:49:30 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Marten Rieger hat gesagt: // Marten Rieger wrote:

> where do i have to do this trick with the xset -r / kbdrate thing.
> i tried as startupoption to pd itself or as terminalcmd but nothing changes.

You use "xset -r" in a Terminal like xterm. If you press and hold any
key in the Terminal, it will start to repeat after a while. But if you
input the command "xset -r" and then try the key-test again, it should
not repeat automatically again.

> also i dont know if this is correct but it seems like the poly-object is not correctly sending keyupevents(0) to my oscs.
> so when i hold a chord on my keyboard the chord is there for like 2 seconds, then theres only the last note ringing with full amplitude & then moreover when i take my fingers off the machine theres still some single note left.

Maybe the autorepeat isn't really switched off. You can use the
command "xset q" to "q"uery the current settings of your X-Server,
including autorepeat settings.

Ciao