[PD] some macro ideas

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 5 20:38:33 CEST 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> It occured to me, that "1) Subpatches" already have a different name
> which IMO is a much better name for the concept realized: "page".

I would have used [page] instead of [pd], long ago; however, in 2002 or
2003, I found a bug that only applies to [page] and not [pd], and reported
it on pd-list, but it never got fixed. This is because subpatches need a
special hack in order to not lose their contents while being deleted. This
is because pd doesn't have the reinitialization feature of jMax, so
something had to be hardcoded, and it got hardcoded for [pd] but not for
[page]. This is a two-line fix that I could provide if you want it.