[PD] OT: Computer music grad school

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 05:38:09 CEST 2006

> right, however the austrian/german way introduces less social filters
> (although it still does, if you have a look at the statistics)

It seems to be a common trend among some european countries to have
stricter admission requirements and more competition as a tradeoff for
the government supported schools (except for countries like Denmark
and Poland, that I know of; everyone is a student there, it seems).
For instance, in Finland, it's known that only 10% of people go to the
university (pretty selective), and those who go recieve around 400
Euros/month to go there.

I also would like to mention a music psychology program at the
University of Jyvaskyla (place the dots over the a's)...it's a lovely
little city, if you can stand the darkness and cold in the winter.

Chuck