[PD] arduino - comport : baud 0 not valid

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 9 07:27:53 CEST 2006

tim wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to do some testing on win XP with the firmata firmware and
> the pduino patch
> The arduino worked fine several times before.
> Not sure it has something to do with it but the arduino now appears on
> COM10 instead of a lower port number, like it did before.
> Arduino programmer connects to it without problem so I can upload the
> firmware.
> But before, when the portnumber was lower, I could connect to it from
> pd too.
> pd/pduino now for example also connects to COM4, without any error
> message, although that's not where the arduino is.
> I cannot choose which com port arduino appears on.
> I try to open COM10, because that's where arduino programmer connects
> to arduino, as I can select in the Tools menu.
> in pd I get:
> comport open 10, baud 0 not valid (args: [portnum] [baud])

Not sure because you have an older version of comport but it could be
that COM10 is port 9 for your comport. Also it's telling you to create
the comport with two arguments: try [comport 9 9600].
Better to use the version in cvs which lets you send a [devices( message
to get a list of the actual serial ports. I can send you the dll if
you're not into compiling.
Martin