[PD] GEM: pix_movie outlet doesnt send any signal?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 9 09:53:07 CEST 2006

Patco wrote:
> IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
>
>> are you sure you are actually using the CVS-snapshot (e.g. does the
>> splashscreen say something about CVS, or does it inidcate a quite
>> recent build-date?) ?
>
> GEM: ver: 0.91-cvs
> GEM: compiled: Sep  8 2006
>
> pix_film crashed pd at gemwin creation.
> When I run pd with gdb and create the gemwin, gdb says:

btw, i do not recall which OS you were using .
i thought you were on OSX (according to adrian's(!) mail), and your
mentioning of "gdb" supports this.
but on another mail you are referring to w32-xp.

a lot of crash-bugs are generic, however, things related to video/movie
encoding/decoding usually are not.

as a user you don't have to care, but you can help us by _always_ saying
which system you are running. (no, i don't have (or intend to have) a
database of the hardware of all bug-reporters...)
additionally it would also be nice to know which gfx-hardware you are
using (on the xp cvs version, chris has done some magic to circumvent
the crappy and outdated openGL-headers that come with w32 (they really
want you to use direct3d); this _might_ cause some problems on older
hardware (i don't know, but it would be good if we could check...)

mf.asdr.
IOhannes