[PD] missing externals after compilation

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 9 12:09:00 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Thomas Mayer hat gesagt: // Thomas Mayer wrote:

> apparently, these are not missing, but the Pd window outputs
>
>  svf~
> ... couldn't create
>  aenv~
> ... couldn't create
>
> Where do have to apply -libdir? It doesn't work neither as a startup
> flag from the commandline, nor anywhere in the settings.

As I understand it, "-libdir X" is a kind of shortcut for "-path X
-helppath X", so you could use these instead. Just put the
directory(ies) containing sfv~ and aenv~ into you path like usual and
all should be fine. Alternatively you could change your patches and
include the directory the externals reside in the object name like
[DIR_OF_SFV/sfv~]. Note that I don't know the actual paths used in
pd-extended, so you need to find out the "DIR_OF_SFV" part yourself.
Probably this is documented better on some page on puredata.info

Ciao