[PD] missing externals after compilation

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Oct 9 16:30:31 CEST 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 6:09 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Thomas Mayer hat gesagt: // Thomas Mayer wrote:
>
>> apparently, these are not missing, but the Pd window outputs
>>
>>  svf~
>> ... couldn't create
>>  aenv~
>> ... couldn't create
>>
>> Where do have to apply -libdir? It doesn't work neither as a startup
>> flag from the commandline, nor anywhere in the settings.
>
> As I understand it, "-libdir X" is a kind of shortcut for "-path X
> -helppath X", so you could use these instead. Just put the
> directory(ies) containing sfv~ and aenv~ into you path like usual and
> all should be fine. Alternatively you could change your patches and
> include the directory the externals reside in the object name like
> [DIR_OF_SFV/sfv~]. Note that I don't know the actual paths used in
> pd-extended, so you need to find out the "DIR_OF_SFV" part yourself.
> Probably this is documented better on some page on puredata.info

There is no "-libdir" flag.  libdirs are loaded just like old-style
Pd libs: -lib and the "startup" preferences.

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith