recursive paths [WAS: Re: [PD] missing externals after compilation]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Oct 9 17:14:33 CEST 2006

Thomas Mayer wrote:

> Maybe Pd doesn't use subdirectories

I noticed this last week when I did a reinstall of PD and populated the
"extra" folder with externals which were in subdirectories, copied over
from HC's Linux installer. I had to add each subdirectory to my
.pdsettings file manually, and that turned out to be something like 50
paths! I can see why it was done this way--to avoid nameclashes, but I
found it extremely annoying that PD doesn't search directories
recursively. Is there a way to change that behavior?

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 19: