[PD] Kaos 0.01 Release

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 9 22:49:00 CEST 2006

These look very interesting!
I found that when compiling with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition the
functions srand48, drand48 and isnan are not available. Maybe they exist
for a mingw build.
I got them to compile by making my own wrapper functions that call
random instead, and replacing isnan by _isnan from float.h.
I wonder if there could be a way to use a particular random source:
given that all the pseudorandom generators are compromised from the
start, could a random source be specified as a user-defined function
somewhere?
That way the user could substitute a hardware generator or a file for
the random source.
Of course this applies to all the pd externals and builtins that use
random, not only kaos.

Martin