[PD] What does number2 for?

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 15:26:58 CEST 2006

Check out the properties box for number2.  It has many useful features
such as setting
send/receive signals (which is useful for hiding those control
messages from the user, and eliminating wires).  Also you can set the
box to save its value, so when the patch is reloaded, you can easily
preserve values.
I use them like this, when I have a list of parameters that I wish to
reuse on reloading the patch. I save my parameters with number2 boxes,
and I give the number2 a receive signal of initialize (for example)
and a send name like freq_h.  Then, when I send a message "initialize
bang;" all of the number2 boxes storing my parameters get sent to the
proper calculations, using something like "r freq_h".

Chuck