[PD] What does number2 for?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 10 15:46:48 CEST 2006

PSPunch wrote:
> Fellows,
>

> Sorry to ask such a newbie question.
>
> Over the last few weeks I've been fiddling with PD,
> so many times have I questioned the difference between
> number boxes (Ctrl+3) and number2 (Ctrl+Shift+n), and
> then gave up not finding an answer.
>
> Other than subtle difference in behavior, I could not
> tell the difference.
> Is the significance of number2 documented anywhere?

there is (almost) no significant difference in functionality between the
2 number boxes.

numberbox2 has more GUI-options (colors!), and back then when it was
implemented,  the "normal" numberbox had no send/receivers nor a "label".
numberbox2 is part of the iemguis (along with the sliders, toggles,
radiobuttons,...).
the existance of both objects is merely historical.

mf.asdr
IOhannes