[PD] What does number2 for?

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Wed Oct 11 01:49:03 CEST 2006

IOhannes, derek, thanks for the additional tips.

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
<snip>
> there is (almost) no significant difference in functionality between the
> 2 number boxes.
<snip>
> the existance of both objects is merely historical.

I'm assuming I wouldn't have given this such a deep thought if
number2 was located in an external, having to load manually by
"-lib" or similar, just because I've looked into few but enough
externals to know that there are many externals with overlapping
functions and minor differences.

Placed in the GUI "put" pull-down, located near other basic objects,
I had thought it was critical and unique, despite the limited notes
on it.

I apologize for bringing up such an elementary topic.
I do feel though that organizing documents, at least for objects
found in the GUI "put" pull-down menu would be a quick
and easy way to releave head aches & fears of beginners.
Maybe just some extra files under "doc/2.examples.controls" would help.

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if I understood (at least) everything
in the basic GUI kit after reading a good number of attached docs in
order.

Say, there was a nice description on array usages and it's difference
from the [table] object at a relatively early stage.
I still have no clue on what "graph"s are for.

Just an idea from a beginner who's tried to learn from the current
documentations.. or did I just miss something?

--
David Shimamoto