[PD] PD to CV redux (Arduino)

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Oct 11 19:35:10 CEST 2006

I wanted to bring this super interesting discussion back, since it only
touched on a few different things before wandering off into ModTracker
territory (not so interesting for me...)

If I wanted to program an Arduino to send out Control Voltage for a
modular synth, what would the resolution be? Would it be better than
MIDI? Enough for microtones? Could it make quick modulations? (I saw
that the filtered PWM method which some mentioned here is not good for
fast changes in voltage.) How many channels could I get out of one
board? I have two, but I haven't touched them yet. Would I need extra
hardware (filters etc) to modify the voltage before it goes to the
synth? Would anyone be interested in helping with such a project? In the
Berlin area even? Are there any programs written for the Arduino that do
this already?

best,
d.

--