[PD] OT- external firewire audio interface recommendation

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Wed Oct 11 21:52:27 CEST 2006

I've just bought and configured an Edirol FA-66 with Ubuntu using the
freebob driver, and it works well giving low latency ~5ms with virtually
no xruns in Jack. I have only had it set up for one day though, so i
haven't tested it extensively!

It has 6ins/6outs, with 2 mic pre-amps + phantom power and a built in
Limiter. You can get one in the UK for 199 GBP , which I think fits your
price range.

HTH

Jamie