What is graph for? [was:Re: [PD] What does number2 for?]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 12 07:47:20 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Kyle Klipowicz hat gesagt: // Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> I believe that the major differences are:
>
> 1)  Tables are not GOP whereas arrays are.

Yes, that's the most important difference: A [table] lives in its own
little object box, it's quickly created qith Ctl-1, can be renamed
easily and is much smaller than an array display. So unless I really
need to see the array-data all the time, I use a table.

> 2)  Arrays allow scaling of the Y-axis, tables do not.  For example, with an
> array, you can have data stored from -650 to 554 per entry, a table is
> limited to a range of +/-1.

That's not quite true: You can set all the same properties, you can
set for an array, for a table as well. They just don't get saved in
the patch, which I think is a bug of table.

Ciao