[PD] new to pd, trying to build

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:09:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to build the whole pd using the
checkout-developer-layout.sh script and then running packages/make.
I've been sorting out some errors (mainly missing libraries) but now I
can't get pass this one:

 MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3 bash build.sh pd gcc
build-release-shared FLEXTLIB=@executable_path/../extra
FLEXTINC=../flext/source
FLEXTSYS=/home/hector/Desktop/pd-cvs/pure-data/packages/build/lib/pd/extra
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/hector/Desktop/pd-cvs/pure-data/externals/grill/flext'
./buildsys/gnumake.mak:20: *** "NAME variable must be defined (name of
target)".  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/hector/Desktop/pd-cvs/pure-data/externals/grill/flext'
make: *** [flext] Error 2

For some reason gnumake is not getting the NAME variable (the call
from build-gcc.sh is not including it). I commented out the checking
of NAME and SRCS inside gnumake.mak but then I get an error related to
ld not finding libflex-pd.

Should I continue trying to build from CVS? I noticed that the only
pd-extended package is an outdated version... and looks like 0.40 is
out already according to the download section.

Sorry if I 'm bothering to much with a newbie problem... I'm finding
difficult the process of building and installing a current PD with all
the externals.

Thanks for any help!

Hector