[PD] [OT] "processing" application

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Oct 13 12:21:00 CEST 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Also, I think they should have used a Number object instead of ints and
> floats, since its meant for people to learn programming.  Explaining
> what a float is to someone who barely does math is a pain in the ass.

Eventually, even if you force people to use only floats, you still have to
explain how they work. It's just that at the level of teaching that you
do, you are able to sweep the topic under the carpet, and the carpet is
thick enough that you can pretend that there's no lump in it, until some
student stumbles upon it and breaks his/her jaw, but by that time you're
usually gone.