[PD] soundfiler error?

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 00:03:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to load up files "on the fly" to use in a sampler. When
I try to do this with [openpanel] and [soundfiler] it crashes PD.
Once, it crashed before anything was even playing. Is this any kind of
known bug? Maybe an [openpanel] problem?

I need to do be able to load samples on the fly, for improvising with
an electroacoustic ensemble... I'm using one of the extended test
versions of PD, 0.39.2, WinXP.

Attached is the patch I'm working on. It's just a simple variation of
one of Miller's test things. Also, if anyone knows ways I might extend
it to make a better sampler that would be great... I basically want to
play small bits of sample files, at random, without glitching when I
shift the read point. I don't think this is the best way to do it, but
DSP is not my forte...

Oh, I've never gotten the new GOP feature to work right, either. How
the hell do I change the position of the red rectangle???

~David