[PD] GridFlow 0.8.4 on Mac OS 10.3.9

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Oct 14 01:32:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, day 5 wrote:

> i tried everything - upon making gridflow i was left with gridflow.dylib and
> gridflow.pd_darwin and i tried doing ln -s gridflow.dylib gridflow.so and put
> it in all the pd directories and the directories in PATH but no joy

That has to do with the throwing away of mkmf.rb, a makefile generator
which is basically unusable. At the same time I had to throw away the OSX
stuff because it had to be rewritten anyway and I didn't know how to
rewrite it.

> also, i think gridflow.so is a linux convention as i use gridflow on linux
> regularly is there someplace in the ruby sources to change the require
> statement to the correct extension?

edit "gridflow/Makefile". Add a line like "DLEXT = bundle" or something.

> an additional note is that i'm trying all this with the Hans
> Christoph-Steiner Pd.app distribution - is this even possible or does it
> only work if you build Pd from source?

I wouldn't see why this would make a difference.