[PD] embed_Data.pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Oct 15 14:27:08 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
> >That's a creative exploitation of the pd file format, but too dangerous
> >for my taste. You risk destroying your whole patch.
>
> How many patches do you load without even checking whether they'd delete
> your home directory ?

That's a danger of course. You can load unknown patches with
"-noloadbang" and/or remove the "shell" external from your path as
first measures. Of course this won't stop a really desperate attacker,
so it's better to run unknown patches under a restricted accound
(like doing a "sudo nobody" first)

However my comment regarding Steffen's patch was meant as a comment
about the general principle he uses.

Ciao