[PD] pduino/comport w/ arduino freezes keyboard and trackpad on Macbook

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Oct 15 15:23:47 CEST 2006

Yeah, I saw this once or twice before.  But I wasn't quite sure what
it was.  One thing that I've seen people do is short out the power.
If you short out the power on the Arduino, or put too much of a load
on it, then the USB bus will automatically kill the power to the
whole USB bus, including your mouse and keyboard, if that's USB.

My guess is that unplugging the Arduino should fix the problem.  What
exactly happens for you?  Does the mouse freak out and jump around
the screen?  I saw that once or twice, that's probably a bug in the
driver since I can't see how Pd could control the mouse pointer (yet).

.hc