[PD] embed_Data.pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Oct 15 20:34:06 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Steffen Leve Poulsen hat gesagt: // Steffen Leve Poulsen wrote:

> But PD is not ignoring them. On the contrary
> lines omitting "#" will be transmitted to a [r ]
> that has the name of the beginning of the line.
> Thats how I discovered it. I was just pasting
> controldata after the #'lines in a txteditor, when I loaded the patch PD
> said:
> "no such receive". I guess I just considered it
> an undocumented feature, and found it very usefull.

This indeed is a (security) bug in Pd, IMO, especially as it allows
another way to circumvent the -noloadbang "protection" against
unwanted things.

Attached patch will print "data" received over the [r junk] receiver
even if it is opened with -noloadbang.

Thankfully saving the patch from inside Pd will delete the junk at the
end of the patch.

Ciao