[PD] [OT] "processing" application

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 16 09:21:17 CEST 2006

Martin Peach wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> I was only talking about single precision floats, because that's the
>> only thing that PureData supports today.
> Internally pd uses doubles, for example in osc~.c. A double works just

??

pd's type for a numeric value is "t_float" (which is usually a 32bit
"float")
pd's type for sample values is "t_sample" (which is usually a 32bit "float")

see m_pd.h for more information.

mf.adr
IOhannes

PS: if some object or another "internally" (this is: within the object's
personal world) uses "double" (or "struct arrayscheiss") is not to be
confused with what pd (as interpreter) uses "internally" (this is: for
communication between several objects.)

PPS: if only objects (externals/internals) would use "t_float" and esp.
"t_sample" throughout...