[PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

Pete Hindle petehindle at gmx.co.uk
Mon Oct 16 12:48:44 CEST 2006

Okay, so Adrian might not have put his concerns in the best way, but
I think that we shouldn't discount what he's saying.

For instance, the website puredata.info could use some sprucing up.
I don't have any CMS axe to grind, but it would be nice if the front
page was less technobabble and more advertisement for PD.  It would
also be nice to have the different downloads explained - the download
page has links to two different versions, Puckette's .39 and extended
version .38.4.  If you were new to Pure Data, which one would you go
for?  Perhaps you might want some advice on which one to download?

The puredata.info website does not truly represent what could be done
with the internet resources, and injecting a little PR/marketing
would not be a bad thing.  For those not familiar with it, take a
look at the Processing.org webpage - another open-source project,
with a webpage that really spells out the things that can be done
with that language.  For many people - myself included - , the
puredata.info webpage is an important first call as they start to
learn PD, and making it more accessible would only benefit the
community in the long run.

Pete