[PD] and it's PR/Marketing, or those

Steffen stffn at dibidut.dk
Mon Oct 16 21:36:40 CEST 2006

Hey Pd-list

On 16/10/2006, at 18.50, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> adam armfield hat gesagt: // adam armfield wrote:
>
>> well i can do the graphical/design side of a redesign,
>> or some of it anyway... as long as i'm not bombarded
>> by conflicting requests from lots of people ;-)
>
> We're actually looking for a graphical redesign for the pd.info page
> for quite some time. A nice Pd-Plone skin is what's needed.

Will a Plone skin do what Kyle suggests? I'm really into the
underlaying idea present in Kyle's suggestion, not so much for the
graphical changes, but for the structural changes.

PDDP is more then unifying the looks of the help-patches and
developing the interactive tutorial. I very much agree that it is a
very high priority, and am really grateful for the work being done -
no doubt. But with the current discussion on the subject of the
website and PR, it would be great to see work done to re-structure
it, such that new users by the hand of a transparent angle can be
guided into the land of Pd.

I also know, that things only get done when people voluntarily
actually do it (as in any anarchistic environment). Therefor, though
i can't promise it, i will see to make a prober proposal for such a
change. Much will stay the same, as the present documentation of the
Pd scene isn't done by fools, most sertanly the complete opposite,
but i think i have quite unspoiled eyes, to see where changes could
be to the better, as i have done very little work in Pd and therefor
don't know very much.

Now; would it be welcome?

Best, (another) steffen