[PD] Crikey HID-based virtual keyboard 1.5 release

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 16:08:17 CEST 2006

OK! I am pretty happy with this now.

Improvements over the 1.0 of a few days ago:
** Keymap-saving system.  I suppose I could have used SSSAD for this,
but I wrote my own to better integrate with the patch.

Place the included CrikeyDefault file into the same dir as crikey.pd
to try my default map (which starts at <tab> for C, ends at <\>, then
starts again at <z>).  As I said, I'm not sure if the KEY_##s output
by [hid] are consistent across systems, so you might have to just
record your own map.  Save over CrikeyDefault and it will load every
time.

** Improved help (integrated into the patch)

** Key-filtering for unmapped keys - the previous version would allow
unmapped keys through, which would end up just triggering random
notes.  1.5 corrects this.

** Context-sensitive slider - the Duration and Velocity sliders have
been merged into one.  Click a note and it becomes a duration slider
(as the keys do not support holding), press a keyboard key and it
becomes a velocity slider (as, sadly, your computer keyboard does not
transmit velocity... where do we send the feature request?).

Please, I would very much enjoy your comments! (and bug reports, perhaps)

(and sorry there is no fix for the unclickable black keys until
someone fixes vslider and hslider)

Luke