[PD] pduino/comport w/ arduino freezes keyboard and trackpad on Macbook

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 18 07:03:48 CEST 2006

The arduino draws very little power, probably less than 100mA, any
USB bus should power it fine.  A short circuit will shutdown any USB
bus.  It could shutdown a poorly implemented USB bus forever.

The problem you describe sounds a lot like an intermittent short
circuit to me.  It could also be the motor drawing too much current
under certain conditions.  If running a motor, I'd run an external
power supply.

.hc