[PD] GEM: trying to install it in G4 with 10.3.9

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 18 09:52:28 CEST 2006

Javier García wrote:
> Hello,
>
> in order to install Gem at a G4 1,5 GHz with 10.3.9, im following the
> instructions that come in GEM.README.
>
> I explain my steps:
>
> - Following the part wich say "do it by hand" i have the next structure:
>
> Applications\pd\extra\Gem.pd_darwin
> Applications\pd\extra\help-Gem
> Applications\pd\Pd-0.39
>
> - I have found "Gem.pd_darwin" in "gem-0.90.0-OSX-G4-bin.tar.gz"
> - "help-Gem" is a copy of "help" folder that comes inside of
> "gem-0.90.0-OSX-G4-bin-doc.tar"
>
> Then, I launch Pd from the Terminal with this command:
>
> open Pd-0.39 -lib Gem
>
> which opens pd, but without any message about Gem.
>
> I have tried with -verbose but nothing happens
>
> Some can help me?

the problem _might_ be, that pd ignores the command line arguments (if
you don't see _anything_ even with "-verbose", then this should be the
cause); i have no idae how "open" and arguments to the application works.

anyhow, once pd is running, create an object [Gem] and you should see
something.
you can also add the library-loading via the preferences system to pd's
startup flags.

mfga.dsr
IOhannes